Monday, October 17, 2011

Injury

How did it happen?

I was in the kitchen making dinner and I had left my cell phone and a glass of water on the coffee table. Cody, our new dog a six month old pitbull mix, is in the habit of tipping over glasses on the coffee table. I heard him making noises in the living room and the image of my new iphone drenched in water flashed through my mind.
I ran into the living room and on the way kicked Cody’s massive bone that, of course, was lying in the middle of the floor.

My cell phone was safe, but my foot was not.

My foot hurt, but I was walking normally and everything seemed ok until I went for a run Thursday night. It hurt more when I started running, but I thought to myself man up because you’re racing a half marathon Saturday and this is how it’s going to feel.

I got back from my 5 mile run, took off my running shoes and could barely walk. My foot had swollen quite a bit and was throbbing. I iced it, took some ibuprofen and proceeded to Baltimore to watch in envy as everyone dominated the Baltimore Running Festival.

I went to my doctor this morning and she said my foot's broken. I'm out through the end of November, but I can take 800mg of ibuprofen three times a day.

I'm a little depressed, but now I'm focussing on the 2012 season which will be my best season ever.



Swollen/bruised on the top of my right foot towards the front on the right side.

 
Cody in his halloween costume, the headless horseman. It lasted about 5 mins.

2 comments:

  1. That stinks! It's incidents like this that remind me that we're not in control as much as we think we are. We can train, eat, sleep, and pay our dues, but in the end there are variables beyond our control. I hope you are better soon and heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear this! This really sucks :(

    ReplyDelete